About the Job
Reports to: Sales Manager
Schedule:Temporary Position, Sept 15, 2017 – Dec 15, 2017
Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
Aspire Health Plan (AHP) is a local, not-for-profit Medicare Advantage (MA) Plan Sponsor. Aspire opened its doors to Medicare Advantage enrollment in 2013 for the 2014 benefit year to serve the needs of the Medicare eligible population in Monterey County.
Aspire was built by local doctors and hospitals who understand Monterey County’s Medicare beneficiaries and their healthcare needs.
- Part of CHOMP/Montage & Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare Systems
- Exclusive network access to Monterey Bay Independent Physician Association (MBIPA) physicians.
Aspire provides an affordable alternative to Original Medicare & Medicare Supplements
- Aspire Health Plans include prescription drug coverage and additional benefits not covered by Original Medicare.
Purpose of Position
Aspire is looking for a licensed health insurance agent with Medicare insurance sales background to assist the sales team during the Medicare Annual Election Period (AEP).
The Sales Representative makes sales presentations, obtains leads and enrolls individuals into the Aspire Health Plan. Strong knowledge and understanding of the CMS Marketing Guidelines are needed.
- Conduct sales meetings to promote product education and awareness in the Medicare population.
- Sell and promote Aspire products through sales presentations and one-on-one appointments.
- Meet monthly sales goals through the development and implementation of a strategic sales plan.
- Promote retention by providing accurate and timely services and follow up.
- Maintains accurate records in chosen lead management system and other tracking tools, as may be needed, of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, and maintains accurate records to maximize territory potential.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics. Extensive experience in all aspects of Medicare Sales
- Excellent communication skills; able to read, write, and speak articulately, using established channels of communication and reporting relationships within the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization as well as external customers, industry contacts, vendors and prospective clients.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- California Health Agent License.
- Three to five years of sales experience in the Medicare field.
- Understands and complies with all state and federal managed care contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Medicare Sales.
- Valid California Drives License; Vehicle liability insurance.
- Exceptional presentation and public speaking skills.
- Must be willing and able to travel to various events and meetings.
- Must be reliable in attendance and timeliness to work schedules.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred; translating, reading and writing.
How to Apply: Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aspire Health Plan is an equal opportunity employer.
• Post ID: 77973248 monterey